2012 Nitro Z7 Loss Of Speed

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

armys

Reaction score
I can only get about 53mph and used to get at least 62mph. The spray from the water is right beside the console and you should not be able to see it. I've had the engine checked out, no issues, I've had the trim checked out no issues. Same prop since I bought it - 24" tempest plus. I also had the prop checked out and meets the specs. Very frustrated nobody can find the issue, HELP PLEASE!

That white castle diet isn't working so well for you![emoji14]
JK
Have you seen a drop in Rpm?
Also could be weight. I'm not sure if the z7 has a double hull, but have seen a water leak that soaks the foam in between the double hull and caused the boat weight to go up.
When they checked the engine did they check the lower unit?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Found the problem, its a hooked hull. So far it will be a boat replacement. Hopefully the hull lifetime warranty for original owner comes thru.

Armys.
I can't help but ask. Have you inventoried your boat lately. ?

Little by little we add things to the inventory and we add things that we will never use.

I have a 2009 Nitro NX898 with a 150 mercury two stroke EFI.
I had my top end drop and I found out that I fad about 200 +pounds of gear.
(Tackle, seat poles, extra life vests, spare prop, un needed snacks, the list goes on.

Every once in while empty your boat back to the conditions you had when you first got it and check performance.

Latest posts

Back