2012 Nitro Z7 Compartment Latches

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Fischer

Reaction score
Took my 2012 Z7 out for a week long trip in mid-Missouri last week and the first night upon locking up, I turned a latch that I had thought was open, but was in fact already locked and it turned anyway. The latch/mechanism clearly slipped unlocked and the bolt opened, letting the compartment open fine. I then went to test other latches and noticed nearly the same behavior.

Maybe this is old news, and these latches flat out don't work well, or they're wearing on me in exactly the same pattern, which I find very unlikely. Any other Z7/Z6 owners out there with these similar compartment latches seeing the same thing? They may have been this way since the boat was new, and I never really gave them a good test turn while locked to see. Thanks.

Very common on all brands with the Perko latches. They have always been a poor excuse for a lock and will only keep an honest man honest. You can tighten them brom the underlid side to keep them from spinning. I use a Loc-r-bar if I need to lock it up.

Latest posts

Back