2011 Z7 150 Optimax Top Speed Max Rpm

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwhit

Reaction score
I purchased this boat last year and can not get more than 5200rpms and 50 mph with a tempest plus 21 pitch. Boat has been checked by Nitro dealer / mechanic everything is a-ok according to them. Is this all boat is capable of ? I thought boat should be capable of 54mph at 5600pm minimum. Any ideas? Thanks !!

This doesn't necessarily address your concerns but does show there could be errors in the boat speedometers.
A posting from last October: "The Nitro [my 2018 Z18, 150 4-stroke] speedometer was 3 mph faster at 60 than iPhone gps. 2 mph faster at 20. Although I don’t know the error on gps speed.
Vic "

Do you have a jack plate? If so 6" or 10" set back? If not where is the motor mounted on the transom in what hole on the clamp bracket? Do you run out of trim? How high is the roostertail coming off the back?

I purchased this boat last year and can not get more than 5200rpms and 50 mph with a tempest plus 21 pitch. Boat has been checked by Nitro dealer / mechanic everything is a-ok according to them. Is this all boat is capable of ? I thought boat should be capable of 54mph at 5600pm minimum. Any ideas? Thanks !!
I also have a 2011 z7 with opti 150 24 tempest plus. In the middle of summer last year I could get 55 at 5300 rpm. So with a 21 tempest plus I would think you should almost be over reving it. Also I have a 6" Jack plate set to 3 inches p to p.

Do a google search for “Z7 hooked hull.” It sounds like you might have one. If you have a long straight edge like a level place it length wise (bow to stern) at several places on the hull. Some are so bad there are gaps between the bunks and the hull. There should not be any when it is on the trailer properly.

hook2.jpg

Latest posts

Back