2011 Targa and downriggers

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian J

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has mounted downriggers on their new Targa (2011 or later, with wide gunnels and versatrack system), and if so would you be willing to post some pics to give me some ideas? I have been looking for options to use the versatrack system to do this. So, if anyone has found a way to do that, i'd really like to see what you've done and what system or manufacturer you used, as far as the track system. I used the search function and did not find a lot on it. It looked like there may have been some pics attacehed to some of the posts, but i was not able to view them.
Thanks in advance to anyone that could give me some ideas.

Brian

You could use 1/8" aluminum plate - long enough to cover the gunnel and make a right angle bend that will reach past the track and wide enough for the mount, add a couple of rubber feet to the bottom of your bracket to protect the gunnel. I have 4 mounted to the gunnels , 2 forward, 2 in the back. search "tracker downrigger mount" and look at the images, you'll get the idea, easy enough.

Latest posts

Back