2011 Nitro Z 7 (venting)

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Moorman

Reaction score
I would like to say 1st that those who helped me at BPS were all great:D. From the factory though :(, One bolt missing from board on the trailer (board swinging on one bolt after 1st launch) By the time I got outside the marina my boat wouldn't take off :eek: due to it filling with water to the top of the batteries. The fitting for the intake on the live well was not hooked up at all. I found the part floating around. All my stuff got soaked in the front lockers Rods,gear and stuff. I guess you should never load your boat for the 1st trip out LMAO!! Anyway they at BPS were so sorry , very nice, fixed all things needed :D. Took it out again for 2nd first trip with not problems. Got an hour on the motor. Then I get a few upgrades come in. They were just sitting at the shop, I was still waiting for a seat. But all the upgrades were all user friendly things anyway so I went and picked them up. I put my 2nd Consol on and it looked SWEEEEEEEET! It was a little dusty so I took the windsheild off to clean it up and there was a 2" around Star crack right on top of the consol :( Again....... I thought to myself. Now I have to complain again. Is this the norm? :lol: BPS was Great, it was the factory who failed on small things that made it ugly. I have to say I am running a little scared now :unsure:. I'm taking it out again today for 3rd time. Wish me LOTS of LUCK! :lol: Maybe I expected to much from tracker/nitro , I don't know....

I wish everyone else better luck then I.

Don.

First post.......I feel violated......We don't know anything about the history....reads like a cut and paste....tell us what you are getting at?

TOXIC

It sounds like you got a few things that got missed by QC at both the factory and the dealership. The trailer and the water fitting certanly should have been dont right the first time but even if they werent, had the dealer done thier job completly they would have found and addressed those issues before you ever took delivery on the boat. The console could have easily have been damaged in shipping so who knows on that one.

When i got my Z7 it had a cracked thru hull for the livewell that the dealer found before i picked it up, they also found a merc factory defect in the shifter too and fixed that as well. When i picked mine up is was 100% ready and i had no return trips for any stuff like that, as it should be. The reason is because the mechanic that rigged it at the dealer tested everything in the boat including putting water in the bilge to test for leaks.

What history? It's new :lol: Yes it's my 1st post, 1st Nitro and was my 1st trip out, I too feel violated :lol: Was just venting my New Nitro experience, sorry. It was a copy and paste. I was not a memember when I typed it the 1st time, so I joined and paste, you're pretty good there :lol:

The Category is "Tracker Marine Issues" Not having your boat or trailer complete and star crack on top of the new consol are Tracker/Nitro issues , yes? That's why I posted it here. If I'm wrong for doing so I'm sorry.

Just a question ... how can you say the folks at BPS were great? Aren't they the ones who handed you the boat with those issues at hand? What about final checks to make sure all systems were go ... nuts tightened, hoses connected, etc? Things like this happen and the folks at BPS, like a restaurant waitress, are the last line of defense in making sure your boat is handed over a-ok.

But if you put water in the back you would get a false test on the live well, because the water would flood the pump area so quick that the pump would draw the water in anyway. So that test could be easly over looked in this way. Yes? We went over a check list at BPS Missing bolts and fittings for live well pumps were not on that list. To me the things missed were kind of hidden from BPS people. You can't see the fitting area without pulling the battery platform (hidden) Under the trailer, most maybe don't look for bolts not being in the trailer boards. At 1st glance it would look fine (kind of hidden) Crack on the console well there is not any damage to the box , no damage to the windshield, the crack was under the windshield (hidden). Have you seen how many big foam pillows are in those boxs with the consol in it? I find it hard to think it was broke in the box. Sorry. Im not mad. More sad that this stuff hit me on my dream boat. That's all brother.

A little gray area here. Agreed that most of the stuff should have been caught at the Dealer level, while others not so easy...BUT.....all new boats come with a warranty that will cover ALL these issues. Enjoy your boat, make a punch list for BPS to follow up, when the time is right, have them schedule it in and take care of it. The real issue is follow up and problem resolution. ;)

bassindon69

If you have a busted or cracked thru hull fitting they should have easily found it by filling up the bilge. With everything off it would have poured out of the inlet/overflow crack was, if it can leak into the bilge it will leak out too..... That is exactly how mine was found and it was on the inlet fitting for the well pump.

Not sure on the console, ive never seen one packaged up. Mine was installed at the factory.

Im not trying to defend Nitro, i think thier QC should have found missing bolts and a cracked fitting but the dealer being the last line of QC they should have found it too before it ever go into your hands. There is a reason that you pay ~500 bucks built into the price for dealer prep and going over the boat looking for stuff like that should be on the list of things they do, you paid them for it.... I know at least one dealer that does that kind of stuff, and it made my boat a problem free experience when i picked it up. Stuff like this is one of the things that seperate great dealerships like Bob B's from the rest and why im glad i bought my boat there.

Im not trying to say you shouldnt be angry/upset or whatever either. I just persoanlly think the dealer should be part of the blame. I have been on the exact same side of the fence you are on when i bought a Champion boat years ago so your story strikes a chord with me. That boat was littered with QC issues some Champion related (Seat with almost no foam, bilge pump not wired properly, faulty fuel guage, nav lights not grounded and non functional, rear seat base not bolted in), some were dealer related(throttle cable not adjusted properly, wrong motor originally rigged, missing cover, wrong accent color ordered(actually i liked the screw up better then what i asked for so thats forgivable)). The thing is most of those problems would have been found and delt with at the dealer if they did thier jobs and werent lazy, i never should have seen most of them. The bilge pump for instance should have been tested before the boat was ever set for delivery, same with the fuel guage and the nav lights. I refused to take the boat at first and after they swapped the motor and i finally took it and found even more problems it was back and forth geting them fixed. Some the dealer fixed, some i fixed myself. The response from both Champion and the dealer on these problems were not exactly what i would call stellar and it quickly turned the joy of a new boat into anger, frustration and regret and that feeling sucks especially with the money thats involved. I know exactly how you feel and where you are coming from. Like bob said, make a list and get them to fix it and dont take no for an answer.

I'm guessing that boat dealers don't take customers on the water with a new boat purchase. When my boat arrived and finished being rigged, one of the mechanics and I hooked up the boat/trailer to my truck and went to a small lake. He showed me how to launch it, start it, run/trim, run the accessories and load it back on the trailer. There was one or two small issues. One was taken care of on the water, trolling motor spun backwards. Felt better than them just handing me the keys and saying....."here ya go, have fun" after writing a $23,000 check! Just a thought.

I'm not sure if warranty and incomplete work are the same really. The hose didn't leak, (it was not hooked up). The bolt didn't come lose, (it was never put in).

@ Jim , I don't know how they test all of it. The fitting was fine, it was floating around (never hooked up). It must have been break time? :lol: (the board and fitting are fixed):D

Hey Jim, I'm still pumped about this boat. Just not pumped about the incomplete work.

Hey Bob G. that's pretty cool of them.:D

This was also a show room boat, I guess it was outside a short time too. So it was around for a while. With so many(100's? )people in and around that boat not a one person saw the missing bolt. I would have to ask questions to find out what was up with the great flood. I'm not digging that deep. Thats on nitro/bps to figure out.

You're lucky my wife isn't posting :lol:

Have fun!

I'm going fishing soon. I'm waiting for that call back on the consol. I will now be the problem guy I guess HAHA!!:lol: This is me wondering what's next :unsure:.

I just know soon it will all be over because there is not anything else NEW to pic up LMAO :lol: Well, maybe another consol.

Again I am sorry, I'm doing my best to laugh at it all. It's only 30 grand right?

I hope to get that feeling back about the new boat like many others. I will be the 1st to tell how happy I am about it too. ;)

I had problems with my 2011 Z 7. Faulty fuel gauge Motor wouldn't run past idle longer than 20seconds. Loading boat on trailer bow goes under front winch roller. Took it back to the dealer (2 hrs away) and 3 days later brought boat home, took to lake with same problems. Took boat home home fixed fuel gauge myself , loose ground wire on gauge. Took boat to a certified Mercury dealer he fixed the problem. Found another nitro dealer and requested an appointment to take boat to the lake to show how boat loads on trailer. I was told to leave boat for a week so they could check the measure of the boards etc. I ask about taking boat to the lake and was told Nitro would never authorize a trip to the lake for that. I then filled out a survey and explained all on the survey and put my phone # and requested a rep to call. No phone from Nitro. I got the email for the Nitro rep and explained my problem about the bow going under the front roller and requested the measurements of boards and rollers. Two months later no contact. Well I fixed the bow under roller problem myself by moving the roller toward the back of the trailer. I know this is long, but point being selling dealer did not care if problems were fixed or not. Second dealer didn't care, did not buy from them. Nitro did not care, didn't return any type of correspondence. I love my Nitro and Mercury service is the greatest, Nitro is junk would not buy another because of service.

ALL of those issues should have been dealt with at the Dealer level. They are all really small issues that caused you grief, and as a Dealer, we apologize. Don't condemn the boat or motor because the service wasn't there. If you in the Greenwood area, go to "European Marine" and look up Don Weed. Tell him Bob B. sent 'ya.......one of the best Merc guys I know...;)

Yes, I agree Don is the dealer who repaired my engine. That's the reason I said Mercury service is great. As bad as I fell toward Nitro the Z 7 is a great boat and I love it. Too bad I fell the way I do. I am sure I will enjoy my rig for a long time.

Never touch the stuff, Bean oil and race fuel does it for me...LOL...!!!!:D:D:D

I don't condemn the boat or motor. Where did I say that? However I do question the person not finishing the bolts on the trailer and the person not completing the live well system. Also the one who inspected the consol and didn't see the nice crack in the top of it. I do expect a little better workmanship for that much money, so does my wife. Do you? :)

Had a nice night fishing last night BTW. 1st limit on the boat. :D

My response was for "Pete".......he referred to Nitro as "junk".

Latest posts

Back