200hp merc

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Heilman

Reaction score
I have a 2000 901 cdx with some major engine problems.....200efi merc... I don't know if this is under warranty or not... The engine broke a piston ring which blew up a spark plug in turn dropping lots of metal parts in the engine block and gouging the cylinders.... not good can anyone tell me what merc puts out for a warranty..... Thanks

Wow..I have the exact same make and model. As someone just recently advised to me, have you called your dealer yet? Did you buy extended warranty protection?

Wish the best for you. Keep the group advised of how it goes.

Dave

Mercury has a 1 yr parts and labor waranty, after that time is expired... good luck... tough to get them to cover unless you are extreamly close ( within a month or 2) of waranty experation.

Had almost the same exact problem with my 2000 200 efi. It happened two weeks after the warranty had expired, they let me purchase an extended warranty after the fact and then covered it. I would now recommend an extended warranty to anyone and wouldn't be without one myself. It also helps when you want to sell it if it is still under warranty.

Hey Rob

Good Luck 1 year on parts, 1 year on labour.I hope you have extended warranty plan.

Russ

Rob -

If you go to Mercury directly, make sure that you're speaking with FACTORY personnel....... I know that a couple of years ago they contracted with a company here in St. Louis called BRI for their Customer Service Representitives - They weren't actually employees of Mercury and had absolutely no power or authority.

Good Luck!

me!

Latest posts

Back