2009 Nitro z7 help (hull quality)

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all. I am Tracker owner since 95 and am planning to purchase a z7 next year. I was going to wait until the fall of 2011, but a 2009 model is available at the right price with the options I like. I can buy the 2009 model now. I would have to wait to purchase a 2010 or 2011.

In doing some research (never been in a z series)I found a thread on bassboatmagazine.com where the quality of the nitro z7 was discussed in great length. Some of the major issues were hull strength, gel cracking, and transom issues. One user, "NitroBoatBuilder" (Nitro employee)had several entries within the thread, discussing the restructuring of nitro, downsizing of company to weed out poor craftsmanship, and the increased quality of boat production since those changes.

My question is this. Should I be concerned about the quality, durability, and craftsmanship of a 2009 model and opt for a 2010 or 2011? The thread was quite long, consisting of posts from 2008 through 2010. I would feel very comfortable purchasing a 2010 or 2011 model, but am little concerned about the 2009 model. I gathered that Nitro recognized there were some issues and took proper steps to correct it. I can totally appreciate that as a potential 2010/2011 buyer, but wondering if I should pass on the 2009. Thank you in advance for any feedback, especially those 2009 owners.

I have an 09 Z7 and have had it in some pretty rough water, I have no issue's and have not found any cracking anywhere on my boat.

I have a 2008 Z7 and i have not had one quality concern with the boat. From what i have seen any quality improvments happened well before 2008 as my boat is a world better fit and finish etc than my 2000 882 was( and that boat was one tough boat to survive the beatings i put it thru).

I boat in rough water regularly and my 2008 still looks and performs like new. The only issues i have had were with the Lowrance electronics i chose to put on it and i had one coil pack fail on the motor( a common issue on the Pro XS motors), otherwise its been problem free boating.

I took at look at that thread on bassboatmagazine.com and i just see the same Nitro bashing that happens on every other site mostly my folks that have never owned or been on one. If my hull was as "inferior" as those guys make it out to be i would not be here typing this message. What they claim is just not the case, personally i would take was is said there with a grain of salt.

Go to the Nitro board on bassboat central and ask some questions there. There are a lot of guys that have Z7's on that board and they are all very happy with them.

"There are a lot of guys that have Z7's on that board and they are all very happy with them."

And on here. I am very pleased with my 09.

There was a problem with the "Fusion" hulls that were on the Z9. Those were all recalled and replaced at Trackers expense. The uninformed like to apply that problem across the whole line. NITRO in relation to every other manufacturer has no more hull problems than any other. I have never read of any transom problems that weren't on old boats. You can find internet postings regarding all makes and problems associated with them. That's why they all have a warranty department.

TOXIC

I to own a 2008 Z7 and have had no problems other than having my seats re-done under warranty. The guy you speak of popped up on Bass Boat Central for awhile telling everyone he worked for Nitro or had and could help with all kinds of stuff, he was gone pretty quick.

And yes there are a bunch of Z7's on BBC!!

I too have a 2008 Z-7 and got it at the same time as Jim B. It has seen many hours of use on the brutal Chesapeake Bay and the boat has been flawless. I couldn't ask any more from a boat or a manufacturer. Buy it !

Tom

Thanks for all the responses. They're greatly appreciated. I look forward to getting a z7. Now just got to figure out if it can happen now or next year.

Latest posts

Back