2008 Z6 Relocate Trolling Batteries

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Windham

Reaction score
Is this a good thing or not? My 08' Z6 trolling batteries are up front under my casting deck. Is this normal? I've never seen this before. I was thinking about moving them to the rear. Any thoughts?

Moving the batteries to the back will help the boat ride and depending on the motor it should help it's performance by placing them back closer to the motor.

Does anyone else have a Z6 with trolling batteries up front? Or did a prior owner put mine up their?

I have a 2009 Z6 and the trolling motor batteries are up front. I don't agree with one of the other posts about it riding better with the batteries closer to the motor. I believe the reason the batteries are placed up front is to help the boat get on plane quicker. Kind of like when I had a 13 foot aluminum boat when I was a kid I would ask my buddy to sit up front to keep the bow down to get on plane. The added weight compensates for the extra weight when the live-wells are full also.

I have a 2009 Z6 and the trolling motor batteries are up front. I don't agree with one of the other posts about it riding better with the batteries closer to the motor. I believe the reason the batteries are placed up front is to help the boat get on plane quicker. Kind of like when I had a 13 foot aluminum boat when I was a kid I would ask my buddy to sit up front to keep the bow down to get on plane. The added weight compensates for the extra weight when the live-wells are full also.
Thanks for the reply. I kind of thought Tracker designed it that way then changed it later trying to help this 115 get on plane quicker.

I have a jack plate on my boat with a 90 HP Optimax and get 43mph on GPS. In my opinion if the trolling motor batteries were mounted in the stern all the weight would be in the back of the boat and you would never be able to make it on plane.

Latest posts

Back