2008 Nitro 288 Livewells

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Mabry

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to the group and have a question about the livewell operation on the 2008 Nitro 288 sport. I just purchased the boat, first boat I've owned with livewells. There is a 3 position switch on the console for each of the 2 livewells. Center position is off but not sure what the up and down positions do. Any explanation would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Hello Steve.
I have a 2001 Nitro 175 Sport F&S, a few years older and smaller than yours. But I think the livewell switch operates the same as yours.
The dash switch indeed has 3 settings, center is off, up is continuous fill, down is timer fill ( off and on automatically ).
I also (you may too) have a 2 position lever just below the throttle. See picture. Turned to left is "empty", turned to right keeps livewell from emptying. Circled in blue on picture.
Hope this helps!

Attachments

• IMAG0504.jpg
    IMAG0504.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 128
Hello Steve.
I have a 2001 Nitro 175 Sport F&S, a few years older and smaller than yours. But I think the livewell switch operates the same as yours.
The dash switch indeed has 3 settings, center is off, up is continuous fill, down is timer fill ( off and on automatically ).
I also (you may too) have a 2 position lever just below the throttle. See picture. Turned to left is "empty", turned to right keeps livewell from emptying. Circled in blue on picture.
Hope this helps!

Hi Steve, I have a 2005 288 sport and I approve of firedogs response on the 3 way toggle switches for bow & aft. We do not have a 2 toggle switch below our throttle. Be sure you have no plugs installed prior to using the livewells to ensure you dont blow a hose fitting and drain in your hull.

Latest posts

Back