2008 189 Sport

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldDude

Reaction score
We just bought a used 2008 189 Sport. All of the manuals are with it except the actual boat manual.

My question so far is what does the dash toggle switch marked Master do? We have played with it and can't see anything that it controls. I just don't want a ghost drain on my main battery.

Thanks in advance.

This may or may not be of use:
On my boat (1993 Nitro 190 TF, 1994 150 Mariner) the Main Power switch sends power to the radio and fish locators, and to the rest of my switches - livewell and bilge pumps, navigation lights, flasher gauge lights, etc. With the ignition switch and Main Power off, the only circuit on the boat harness that still has power is for the deck lights. Trolling motor has its own on/off switch, and the motor tilt buttons are fed through the engine harness. The engine harness also sends power to some of the gauges when the ignition is in the run position.
I just got this boat 4 months ago, and the wiring was a mess. Boat runs good, but none of the gauges worked, and the safety switches had all been bypassed. Right now I'm fixing and documenting the wiring. For some reason, a lot of the boat harness had been bypassed by 3 or 4 cable runs from the battery, bypassing the circuit breakers. I'm just about done, and the harness is in good shape. I've taken out probably 200 feet of wire.

I have a 2010 189 Sport and agree that the master switch is the main power for everything else. With it off, the radio, fish finder, bilge, livewell, etc. doesn't work. Not sure about the running lights but I could test if if I need to.

I guess mine is bypassed. Everything works regardless of the switch being up or down. Thabks for the replies.

Latest posts

Back