2008 189 Sport Trailer Wheels

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatalbie

Reaction score
I'd like to upgrade from the existing which are rusting and have lost their plastic covers. I'd like aluminum.
I'm not too familiar with this type of stuff and could use some help.
1. I dont know the lug pattern. I tried searching the forum and didn't have luck. Probably didn't search correctly.
2. The weight of the boat and trailer are pretty heavy. I see wheels & tires with max capacity significantly lower than that total. Is there a specific category of wheel & tire that meets the gross of the boat/trailer combo?
Thanks,
Jim

Fatalbie,
Wheel lug hole spacing is fairly standard for most wheel diameters. The measurment number, done as illustrated will identify the corrrect pattern for you to match. Pay attention to the weight ratings for tires as you have observed. Also be aware that it's been my experience dealers are natorious for putting light trailers under heavy boats to cut the cost of a rig.
1608311343137.png

If you go to any reputable tire dealer they will know what wheel and tire would fit and suit your trailer. I went to Les Schwab and they had an aluminum wheel that looked like it came right out of the Nitro factory and tires to match for less than $400 mounted and balanced. Went on a Nitro Z6. Chuck

Thank you. That helps as I've just never dealt with wheels before.

Latest posts

Back