2008 189 Sport lisght

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldDude

Reaction score
My wife and I fish a lot at night. The 12v handheld spotlight we currently use to be able to see gets to be difficult for navigation... especially when the bugs are bad. (picture a mouth full of bugs here).

I'm looking for input for either permanent or temporary mount lights that would be bright enough for navigation in the dark. We use our 189 Sport for play as well, so mounting on the top near the trolling motor wont be an option, as we remove it when we play. I was thinking about inside the hull under the rubber bumper guard (or whatever its called) but my wife doesnt want me to cut into the gelcoat.

Your Admiral is very wise. I think I would check out a nice pair of docking lights. Their brackets are somewhat adjustable and if you mount them just under the black bumper at the front, should throw off a whole lot of light, and be out of your way when not using them. ( kind of like the headlights on a pontoon boat). Just and idea but it may be a game changer come suppertime! (bug appetizers).

Latest posts

Back