2007 901

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Herbert

Reaction score
Bought my first nitro. Its a 07 901 cdx with a 200 merc optimax. Just woundering what to expect. My last boat was a 2001 ranger r93 with a merc 200 efi. I havent had a chance to get it out yet. Just interested what everyony has to say about the 901. Any tricks,tips,ect....

The 901 is a great hull!! The only downside is that they like to be set up properly or they can be a pig out of the hole. Let us know how she performs.

Make sure you put as much weight as you can up front.....they are transom heavy (more than most other 19ft boats)....or you will get a lot of bow slapping. When I had mine it didn't take much trim at all when it was up on plane or it would porpose...but, like Tox said,..once you have it dialed in and you learn it's habits...it's a good'un!!;)

Thanks!! It has a adjustable jack plate already installed, and a 25 tempest 25 prop. I have noticed some talk on pulling plugs out of the prop?? why and what does it do?.

Removing plugs or more accurately fine tuning the plug system because the plugs come with different size holes in them, helps your prop "spin up" to higher RPM's coming out of the hole by letting exhaust gases exit around your prop instead of through it.

BTW,....the plugs in the prop hub should be opposite of each other...not next to each other....if you have 2 plugs in..have them 180deg. from each other for "balance" reasons...;)

Latest posts

Back