2006 Nitro 750 bilge pump problem

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Maisch

Reaction score
I was out today and notice my bilge pump was not pumping out. Also I filled up the livewell for the first time and Tried to circulate the water and that wouldn't work. It would drain though. I've only been on the boat twice and have never owned one before. It didn't come with a manual. Upon inspection of fuse box I found two fuses blown replaced them and pulled the cartridges. The circulation pump is seized. So that's an easy fix. But the main bilge bump spins but doesn't pump any water. It's mounted on the bottom and I don't know where the screen is to see if its clogged. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And replace the livewell pump with a cartridge type and remove it next time with ease.

I catch alot of panfish and they spit up all kinds of shells, baitfish and sand. Mine gets clogged at least once a year and it just makes it soooo much easier. The newer type pumps don't take much at all to clog them.

The bildge pump does operate. It just doesn't pump. I put a hose in the discharge port and saw aeration coming from bottom of pump so it doesn't seem clogged. All three pumps are the cartridge type. 500 gpm I believe

The livewell takes a while to figure out and there is NO manual for it either. It sounds to me like your bilge pump is working but it is not getting any water to pump. Pull the hoses and check for clogs. I was amazed at what was in mine when I first bought it. The recirc pump is used to pump out or recirc the water.

Below is a link to Bass Boat Central about a Z-7 livewell. Member TRCM has a great explanation of Nitro livewell operation. My '04 NX750 operates exactly the same way. The only thing that is different on mine is that when the Z7 states "Aerate", mine states "Livewell."

One word of caution about the livewell pump. If you have to replace it, use whatever GPM pump is already installed. I used a higher capacity one and can overflow the livewell since it is putting out more that what the overflow pipe is designed to handle.

RH
http://www.bbcboards.net/nitro-boats/386095-z7-livewells-use.html

There's only one hose and that seems clear. I sprayed the hose down there and I saw it coming out of the screen at the bottom of pump.

Are you sure that there is enough water in the bilge area to pump out? If there is not enough water there it won't pump, like enough water to cover the pump. If there is, I'd look at the line next to make sure it is not clogged with something. After that, then look at the pump to make sure that the part of the pump that catches the water has not been sheared off. I guess that would be possible. The bilge pump should be the easiest one to trouble shoot.

It's not sheared off. I took it out and turned it on. I can see it spin. I guess I'll disconnect the hose and check to make sure it's not clogged. I sprayed a hose through it already and saw water coming out. I wonder if its spinning backwards. Maybe it was installed wrong

Upon inspection of cartridge it seemed to be running backwards. I followed the wires and what do you know, the brown was hooked to black and the black was hooked to brown. I swaped them and it works beautifully. Who would do such a thing. I mean c'mon, there color coated.

Well at least you figured it out ...now go fill up that livewell with fish;)

Latest posts

Back