2006 929SC Complete Re-wire help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 2006 Nitro 929SC in need of a complete wiring overhaul. My mechanic has told me that the panel behind the driver seat is dead and nothing is going through it. The front livewell panels, ect. are shot too. They are saying they can not get the old parts and want to do a re-wire with no panel behind the seat and using fuses instead and replacing all the panels with rocker switches, they would all be on/off switches instead of the 3-way switches Nitro's come with for livewell and bilge. They are quoting me $2500 for the whole job. Does anyone have experience with Nitro wiring and these panels and have any suggestions?? I would really like to stick with the stock features if they are available somewhere. Thank you

Great Lakes Skipper had a lot of switch options. I would look there.

Is he going to run all new wire to every thing? All new gages? What is included in the quote? I imagine labor is the mostly what you are paying for.

Great Lakes Skipper had a lot of switch options. I would look there.

Is he going to run all new wire to every thing? All new gages? What is included in the quote? I imagine labor is the mostly what you are paying for.
A lot of the wiring itself will be kept. The panels will be replaced with switches. Ya, mostly labor.

Wow that seems like a lot of money, but uncertain to the level of work required.

Is it possible to attach a few pictures of the "panels" you're talking about? Also, curious why everything maybe dead? Is this due to corrosion, fire, rodent, etc.?

What's their motivation for changing out the switch type? Switches typically have common mounting geometry/size, so it doesn't seem too hard to find an appropriate switch. (Note: Geometry/size: round or rectangular in various standard sizes)

Wow that seems like a lot of money, but uncertain to the level of work required.

Is it possible to attach a few pictures of the "panels" you're talking about? Also, curious why everything maybe dead? Is this due to corrosion, fire, rodent, etc.?

What's their motivation for changing out the switch type? Switches typically have common mounting geometry/size, so it doesn't seem too hard to find an appropriate switch. (Note: Geometry/size: round or rectangular in various standard sizes)
The motivation behind switching everything out was that it is all digital and without the "brain" nothing will work I believe. But I have possibly found what we are looking for. The "panel" that is dead is a power management system made by a company called DNA Group, they also made the digital control panels (livewells, blige, ect.) for the early Nitro 9 series. They quit making them in 2013 but a company called Blink Marine makes a replacement for them. My mechanic is looking into them to see if that is a viable replacement. They also make replacement control panels as well. In answer to the question of why they are dead, it most likely from getting swamped in a flash rain storm here in Florida and the auto-bilge failed.

The first is the power management system and the second is the control panel for livewells, ect.

Attachments

• IMG_2398.jpg
    IMG_2398.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2400.JPG
    IMG_2400.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 0
I agree with 200. Seems like a lot of money. Going with fuses and switches has worked for a lot of years and easily maintained by non-mechanics/ electrical-savy types. Replacing a fuse is easy to do. I think your mechanic has a good idea but the price seems high.

That being said if he is reputable and can do it right the first time and will stand behind his work with a warranty. I might be inclined to do it. Buy once cry once. Also the fuse switch fix is easily maintained.

Good luck!

I am going to go with the after market replacement for the Power Management System. It's made by Blink Marine. I talked to the owner and he was very knowledgeable about the whole tracker wiring system, ect. They are $650 and they are plug ang go, and delivered within a day or so, so that's nice! Bass Pro has the original DNA Pi Series (so they say it is) and they want $1,150 with absolutely no returns, no warranty, and said it could be months to get it. No brainer to go with Blink Marine:)

Attachments

• PC21b-Ppwercore-Product-Page-600x600.jpg
    PC21b-Ppwercore-Product-Page-600x600.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back