2005 Tracker Pro Team 185 Question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Branch

Reaction score
Got a question. I have a Pro Team 185, 2005 model. Everything is stock from the factory on the boat. It has one cranking battery and One Trolling battery. My question is, I know the motor cranks from the starting battery and the trolling motor runs on the trolling battery, what battery do my depth finders, lights, livewell, etc run on? One other question, I have been fishing for years, but am fixing to fish my first tournament. Might sound strange but I have never ever used a livewell on this boat or any other one I have had cause I never keep fish. I know basically how it works, put the plug in, and how to fill it up, but what is the difference between the recirculate and aerator switches and what should I leave on / for how long? Thanks in advance!

Only the trolling motor will be on the trolling battery. All accessories will be connected to the starting battery which will charge any time the big motor is running. On the livewell I only put the plug in and use recirc to trailer to weigh in. While fishing the plug is out and the well is on "auto".

Everything except the trolling motor run off of the starting battery. Good reason to be aware of livewell and bilge pumps working as well as anchor lights and fishfinders. The big motor charges the starting battery but I'm not sure how fast.

As far as your livewells go I'm not so sure either. I'm like you, I never use mine and when I fish in a tournament I fish in my partners Skeeter and he handles everything. I think if you can figure out how to fill it with water then just put it on "Auto" and all should be okay. Hopefully somebody who know something about it will chime in.

Harpo

Thanks guys. Have read a few things online about the livewell but still am unsure. I'm in Texas and I've heard that leaving the plug out when the water is 75 degrees or higher isn't recommended. Hopefully someone will point me in the correct direction! Thanks again!

Bobby - I'm not sure there is a plug for the livewell. On my 2002 PT175, there is a rocker switch on the panel to the right of the driver's side that has "empty" and "auto" (or something like that). Flip that switch to the "auto" side. That should keep the livewell from emptying. Then on the dash, the aerator switch will say "Man" or "Manual" and "Auto." Push the switch up to "Man" and it should start to fill. Once full, push the switch all the way down to "Auto" and the pump will circulate on a timer to keep the water aerated. Leaving the switch in the middle position will turn off the pump entirely.

Hope this helps!

Your Aerator switch adds water to your livewell. Plug will need to be in bottom of L/W.

Two settings on the switch Manual (fills until turned off) Automatic (1 minute on -3 minutes off)

Recirculator - moves existing water in LW from the bottom to the top. Same Manual and Automatic settings. Adds small amounts of oxygen from the movement back into the tank.

Make sure your boat has a screen type strainer on the water intake for the livewell aerator. If not, you can be asking for trouble taking in surface debris and locking up your pump. My friend learned the hard way on his '01 PT175.

Couple of notes:

1. When you trailer your boat and have fish to weigh put the L/W on recirc. that way the fish are getting oxygen.

2. You will need a weigh in bag. The black ones at BPS are cheap and durable $10 I believe

3. Get some Please Release Me. It's green stuff you add to the L/W to keep the fish calm and help the slime coat one them. Basically it's supposed to keep fish alive. Make sure you L/W setting is not pulling water from outside and pumping the rest thru the overflow. (you will be wasting the Please Release Me since it's going out the overflow. it's great for rec. and while your in line weighing fish)

4. If its hot you may want to add a little ice to your L/W to cool the water temp.

Hope this helps....good luck

Donnie

Thanks for all the great info guys! think I understand hoe it works now! This forum really is the best info source on the net for Tracker Marine products!

:DYes It really is, I also knew nothing of how my livewell worked as of a week ago. It had a broken pump when i bought it so that made it even tougher. I posted here and got plenty of good help., I got a 2001 Tracker PT175XT and I fiqured out how to use it and did use it twice this past weekend.

Turn your "DIAL" (on the side of the boat, near forward/reverse lever) to AUTO. Then once in the water, turn your aerator switch (on your dash panel) to "manuel" and the livewell will fill from the lake/pond. Watch this setting though as you dont want to "overfill" your livewell, but when the water reaches the desired height. turn aerator switch (on your dash panel) to "AUTO" and that will put the oxygen on the timer....When you trailer and are empty in your livewell, turn "dial" to "empty" and thats it. Hope this helps... Good Luck..

also: if for some reason you are having a hard time getting water in the livewell conisitently at a good speed, try moving boat in forward or reverse at a slow speed, this should help.

Latest posts

Back