2005 nitro nx 750 trailer

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean K

Reaction score
pretty new at owning a boat, but one of my bulks on the trailer has became loose on the rear of the trailer. does anyone know how nitro attached the bulks to the trailer?
need to fix it before fishing in alligator filled water.
thx in advance.....

My bunks are attached by bolts that go thru the bunks (head of bolts are countersunk into the bunks before the carpet is put on), then thru the trailer brackets. Locknuts are then used on the bolts to hold everything together.
Some bunks are designed to have some play between the bracket and trailer. Usually there is a bolt, bushing or pin that the bracket pivots on. Check the bunk on the opposite side and see if it has any play. If the bunk is supposed to be stationary, the bracket is probably attached to the trailer by welds.

thanks, kinda figured it was a countersunk bolt, just wondered about fixing it without removing the carpet.
appreciate your input.

If the bolt is turning when you turn the nut, an impact wrench will sometimes tighten the nut on the bolt.

If the boat is off the trailer, you can try using a gear puller to apply pressure to a socket positioned on the carpet above the bolt head, which may hold the bolt enough to tighten the nut. Start with a larger socket than the bolt head to minimize damage to the carpet. Try smaller sockets as needed.

If there are enough bolt threads extending thru the nut, grip the bolt with locking pliers (Vice-Grips), and turn the nut with a wrench.

I have used all three tips with success. If the bolt is turning, it is probably due to the wood rotting. The 1st 2 tips may also work to remove the nuts.

If the bolt is turning when you turn the nut, an impact wrench will sometimes tighten the nut on the bolt.

If the boat is off the trailer, you can try using a gear puller to apply pressure to a socket positioned on the carpet above the bolt head, which may hold the bolt enough to tighten the nut. Start with a larger socket than the bolt head to minimize damage to the carpet. Try smaller sockets as needed.

If there are enough bolt threads extending thru the nut, grip the bolt with locking pliers (Vice-Grips), and turn the nut with a wrench.

I have used all three tips with success. If the bolt is turning, it is probably due to the wood rotting. The 1st 2 tips may also work to remove the nuts.
thx, I'm gonna go put it in the lake and then try to fix ir. appreciate your response

Latest posts

Back