2005 Nitro 882 Hydraulic Steering

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john f.

Reaction score
Looking at replacing dual rack with hydraulic. Boat has 150 merc. What type and model is anyone running?

I can get to 32 with just ME on it, 28 with a passenger on my little 60hp UNLESS its the pontoon boat, then its 20 with me and the wife or 17 with 4 more passengers.

I had to replace the factory cables a few years back because the steering was getting near impossible at low speeds. I debated hydraulic but settled on new Teleflex cables like the factory cables. You would swear that it was hydraulic as I can steer under acceleration with two fingers very easily. So before you replace your entire system, you might want to consider just getting new cables.

Mike

I know the steering on my tracker leaves a LOT to be desired, and would love to try hydraulic seems to be cost prohibitive but I might be forced next year to try it

It is well worth it. I have problems with my wrist and elbows and this made all the difference in the world. It is cost prohibitive but worth it. I think it cost me installed at BP around 1000.00 about 4 years ago.

Latest posts

Back