2005 Livewell Recirc Pump Replacement

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baldgeek

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am on the verge of purchasing this boat but found out this morning that the recirc/exit pump in the livewell needs replacing. Would prefer to avoid paying dealer to do this if it's at all feasible to do it myself. Can likely get the current owner to cover cost of pump, assuming I can do it. Nitro was not helpful in locating a manual or giving me any information on getting this done.

Has anyone here had occasion to replace or install said pump? Was it difficult to do? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Sorry, slow with the holidays. Nitro 189 Sport.

Thanks Jerry.

they are mayfair or johnson mogul pumps that have a removable pump motor. the change out is easy if you can get to them. just push in the release tab and turn out the motor. when you get it out a lot of times the pump motor is just stuck from non use . hope this helps

Thanks Jerry. It is going to be a bit warmer this week so I am going to have a go at it. I already have a replacement pump, but will check first to see if it is stuck as you suggested.
Will report back how it goes.

Mark

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back