2004 Nitro Nx898 Question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotrod

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm looking at buying a 2004 Nitro NX898 and I have some questions:
Is there any wood in this boat? I was sent some pictures of the boat and it looks like the hatches on the deck are a little thin. I weigh 250# so I'm not sure if it will hold up with my weight. The only construction articles I could find are on a 2013 N8. That one is described as all fiberglass and composite. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a 2004 NX 898 and I purchased it in 2008. Yes the boat has some wood in it, like the transom and the deck front and back . However, the rest of the boat is glass, the hatches are all aluminum and I have had some co-anglers in my rig that have been a little over weight, like I would quest about 350-375 or more and they did no damage to the deck or hatches but they did creek when he was walking and the boat did list a little.I think the boat is very solid and I still love it or I would have had another one by now.

Hi All,
I'm looking at buying a 2004 Nitro NX898 and I have some questions:
Is there any wood in this boat? I was sent some pictures of the boat and it looks like the hatches on the deck are a little thin. I weigh 250# so I'm not sure if it will hold up with my weight. The only construction articles I could find are on a 2013 N8. That one is described as all fiberglass and composite. Any help would be appreciated.
I have a 2005 nx 898 dc and it's very solid. Im pushing 220 and it's rock solid. I love this boat. I've had it out on Lake Huron and it handled it like a dream.

Latest posts

Back