2004 Nitro Nx 882 Owners Manual ( Livewell Issues )

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis W

Reaction score
I just purchased this bass boat and I can not figure the live well system out. I can not get the rec. system to work at all and I can not get it to pump out. Can anyone help me with these issues?

It could be a two issues. A defective livewell pump or switch. Does your boat have a mechanical switch for recirculate and drain? For mine, the livewell water doesn't pump out, it simply runs out by opening a gate once the boat is out of the water. Pictures of your livewell controls would help.

You should have a aerator down spout on the starboard side live well it looks like a white PVC pipe. That pulls out and with the pump running it pumps out the live well on the port side over flow.
That boat should have 4 pumps. 2 for intake and 2 for recirculate. And 4 switches that have auto and manual on each

I have the same boat and year. I had similar issues when I bought mine used several years ago. The live-well parts and systems are Flowrite. They have parts, resources and on-line manuals that will help explain how the system works at (https://store.flow-rite.com/). Details on the pump-out aerator and how it works can be found here (https://www.flow-rite.com/wp-content/uploads/documents/pump-out-aerator.pdf). I found my issues to be with the pumps. There are two of them - one is for filling the system and the other is for pump-out/recirculate. The pump-out aerator is pushed in for recirculate and pulled out for pump-out. The two switches on the dash are used to control the on/off for the pumps - one switch for each pump. Since you are having problems with pump out, follow the plumping from the pump-out aerator located on the port side of the live-well it should connect to the pump located on the starboard side wall under the center bilge panel in the battery hatch area. Be very careful removing or working with the pump, the pump bracket is plastic and will break easily. My original pumps were Rule pumps and I simply replaced them with similar new ones and everything worked fine. It is easy to troubleshoot the switch but mine worked fine. I would clean the contacts before replacing the rocker switches as generally they are not the problem. Hope this helps. I love my 882. Great boat.

I have the same boat and year. I had similar issues when I bought mine used several years ago. The live-well parts and systems are Flowrite. They have parts, resources and on-line manuals that will help explain how the system works at (https://store.flow-rite.com/). Details on the pump-out aerator and how it works can be found here (https://www.flow-rite.com/wp-content/uploads/documents/pump-out-aerator.pdf). I found my issues to be with the pumps. There are two of them - one is for filling the system and the other is for pump-out/recirculate. The pump-out aerator is pushed in for recirculate and pulled out for pump-out. The two switches on the dash are used to control the on/off for the pumps - one switch for each pump. Since you are having problems with pump out, follow the plumping from the pump-out aerator located on the port side of the live-well it should connect to the pump located on the starboard side wall under the center bilge panel in the battery hatch area. Be very careful removing or working with the pump, the pump bracket is plastic and will break easily. My original pumps were Rule pumps and I simply replaced them with similar new ones and everything worked fine. It is easy to troubleshoot the switch but mine worked fine. I would clean the contacts before replacing the rocker switches as generally they are not the problem. Hope this helps. I love my 882. Great boat.

Thank you very much.. I did figure it out but your post was spot on... Once again Thank you

Latest posts

Back