2004 nitro 640lx alarm

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rgs

Reaction score
I’m new to boating, but I bought a nitro 640lx but it doesn’t have a temp or oil level gauge. I was wondering how I’m supposed to know if it runs out of oil or over heats. It’s got a mercury 75hp 2 stroke .

Depending on the year of your outboard - Mercury guardian will go into limp mode (limit engine speed). I have a 2007 Mercury 90 HP 2 stroke. Low oil, engine overheat etc there is a buzzer alarm that sounds...

I always check the oil before I go out and check the pee hole when I leave the trailer...

Go search the interwebs for videos about Mercury outboard beep sounds and what they mean.

I had a 2002 640lx with Mercury 90HP 2 stroke. Was still running great when I sold it. When you start it you should hear a beep letting you know the warning system is working. I did forget once to add oil and although not completely out I got beeps letting me know I was low. Filled it with oil I had onboard and all was good.
Welcome and enjoy the new boat1

I’m new to boating, but I bought a nitro 640lx but it doesn’t have a temp or oil level gauge. I was wondering how I’m supposed to know if it runs out of oil or over heats. It’s got a mercury 75hp 2 stroke .
Any updates on your boating and your boat?:)

Latest posts

Back