2003 Nitro 288 pro fish and ski live well operation

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jmshannon17

Reaction score
My live well has auto/off/man switches. Place the white overfill/plug tube in the bottom of the live well and then fill. The live well fills fine, but when the switch is turned off or placed in auto all the water is gone in a matter of time. What could be the issue? Not sure why it doesn't keep water in the livewell once place on auto. Other option is picking up a new overfill/plug tube for a better seal so the water doesn't leak out but still it would be nice for recirculation on those hot summer days for the fish to be better taken care of with fresh water. By leaving the switch on in the man position and letting it run constantly kills my cranking battery. Help appreciated!!

Did some investigating and swapped the overfill/plug tubes from front to back and that seemed to fix my problem as far as leaking water out. Just need to pick another tube up.

Although the auto/recirculation is not working in the back live well but does in the front. Would this be a pump or switch issue?

https://www.amazon.com/Marine-Metal-Aeration-System-Bubbles/dp/B08Z4F8265 I started using one of these about 10 years ago. easy to install, very quite and very little electrical needed. After installing, I put an on off switch at the helm. Turn it on when I hit the water and turn it off when the day is done. I don't use recirculate anymore after this hack. Never lose fish all year. Rarely fully fill my livewell any more- its not necessary. This ranks as my single best discovery in taking care of fish in a livewell....

Latest posts

Back