2003 Lx 750 Problems?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron McKuin

Reaction score
I bought this boat recently. Has Mercury 90hp and is extra clean and shows little wear.

The rig really concerns me: if I trim down/in like we all do, when I throttle up for take off, it "plows" or turns really hard to the drivers right. Bad enough to scare me!! If I start trimming up, the boat begins to right its self.
I have learned to take off with motor trimmed up 1/4 on the gauge. Steering is real hard to left and trim tab is all the way over.

Can't read every thing on the aluminum prop. Have measured for 13" diameter but don't know pitch?

I would appreciate any suggestions has to what to try to make this rig more friendly.

I have a 2001 Mercury 90elpto stock prop is a 12 3/4 x 21pitch . When I first got the Boat it wanted to turn right by itself and I had to keep a tight grip on the wheel.. I moved the tad above the prop 2 click's to the right. Now I don't have to fight the steering and I can let go of the wheel and it keeps going straight. If you're tab is turned to the left that will make the Boat go right..

Last edited:
Thanks Charlie for the info. I do have the trim tab turned correctly and steering once up on plane isn't too much of a problem.

The problem with mine is the drastic turn to the right on throttle up. It really plows to the right!!

Thanks for the prop info.

I have found that you don't have to make a big adjustment on your trim tab to make a big difference. I have also heard of this happening when the motor isn't mounted dead center. Just a thought. After buying a used boat one time I had similar problems and no matter what I did I couldn't figure it out then the light bulb went off and I discovered that I was adjusting the trim tab the wrong way. Just a thought! Also, I can't see how the diameter or the pitch of the prop would do it, this just helps the motor "dig in" more - or less for speed or power. I am a retired air traffic controller and have flown on many different types of planes - aircraft have trim tabs also and it always amazed me how little of an adjustment had to be made to make a big difference to the flying characteristics - same idea with a boat.

Latest posts

Back