2003 Bass Tracker Pt 175 Silver Anniversary Edition

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt.Rob

Reaction score
Hello all.I am new here and new to tracker boats.I purchased a 2003 bass Tracker from out of state from a dealer.Tge boat and motor seems to be in excellent condition I'm just not familiar with all the switches on the dash since they are not labeled.There is one on left side by key switch and 3 more on the right side of steering wheel.I know what 2 of the 3 on the right side are for,navigation lights and bilge pump. But have no idea what the other 2 are for.Any ideas??Took the boat out for it's first run today everything works great engine ran strong .It's a mercury 75 hp elpto_Only issue I had was water getting in bilge.I had drain plug in the bilge so I don' understand where the water is coming from,any ideas?Drain plug is brand new seals tight.Thank God the bilge pump works great.Theres a live well with a drain plug and an over flow plug,a transom plug and bilge plug.There is 2 black looks like drain holes on either side of bilge drain.I know one is tge drain for live well but not sure what the other black drain is for i assume its fir the deck drain.Am I missing any others?Dealership doesn' know since they don' typically sell these tracker boats plus they are like 150 miles away from me.Any help would be much appreciated.Thanks.

Post a pic the the drains on the transom. I have a 06 with three holes at the bottom and one high up on the port side on transom. The one switch by the key is a acc and it’s mostly empty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not near my boat to take a pic of it.My drain holes are set up just how you describe yours to be.The hole that's high up on the port side transom is the bilge pump on my boat.

20180522_221114.jpg

Well left to right, fill livewell, bilge drain, livewell pumpout and overflow. As the switches go on that side I have livewell manual, recir livewell, bilge pump. On the other side I have nav lights, acc extra, and key

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 2001 Bass tracker 175 with a 2002 Mercury 60 hp so maybe I can help. My boat has all 4 switches on the right side of the console which are Acc (which allows you wire your own device), Livewell pump and aerator, Bilge pump, and Nav Lights. I originally had a problem with water getting into the bilge and it didn't happen if the boat was just setting in the water like at a slip. These older models were well known to leak water at WOT (wide open throttle) because water is forced up the sides near the aft. If you look under your side rails near the back you will see an aluminum strip with rivets about every 12 inches. Water can get forced in between these spaces and it only occurs where the water is forced up. I solved my problem by using a silicon caulk that is basically invisible and applied it for about four feet along that cap line and my problem was solved. Hope this helped.

I have found with my 2013 175tf that if I float along with the wind to my back and have my live wells(have two forward and aft) the wind will create enough pressure against to well drain outlets so the livewell will actually over flow and run into the well of my boat. All I have to do is turn into the wind and the well will drain down, so one has to keep an eye on both well when one has them running.

I have a 2001 Bass tracker 175 with a 2002 Mercury 60 hp so maybe I can help. My boat has all 4 switches on the right side of the console which are Acc (which allows you wire your own device), Livewell pump and aerator, Bilge pump, and Nav Lights. I originally had a problem with water getting into the bilge and it didn't happen if the boat was just setting in the water like at a slip. These older models were well known to leak water at WOT (wide open throttle) because water is forced up the sides near the aft. If you look under your side rails near the back you will see an aluminum strip with rivets about every 12 inches. Water can get forced in between these spaces and it only occurs where the water is forced up. I solved my problem by using a silicon caulk that is basically invisible and applied it for about four feet along that cap line and my problem was solved. Hope this helped.
20180531_222104.jpg

Thanks for the info about the switches.I found out that I was taking on water through the opening in the pic above where the red and black wires are running through.It is threaded and I have no idea what it's for.
I don't think it's for what the previous owner used it for which is running those two wires that go to the trolling motor.

Latest posts

Back