2002 Tracker Pro 175XT Need some help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Glaser

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2002 Tracker Pro 175xt.

I need some help...

I contacted Tee about cleaning the hull :) but does anyone have any suggestions about cleaning the carpet?

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement carpeted piece that fits above the wheel well? Also can I just order bunks from BPS?

My front pedestal seems to have rotted through and cracked in the floor...Does anyone have any idea what the replacement part or where it can be purchased? Has anyone done this without cutting up the carpet?

Last question for now...LOL

The previous owner said there was a trolling motor issue when he replaced the motor to a 24V Motorguide. He has strung the wire on top of the deck. The standard issue , I am assuming was 12V, should I replace using a heavier guage using the old cable as a snake through the bottom?

Thanks in advance,

Woody

Woody - Go to the "More" menu top right, then click Grab Bag, look through those the BEST replace your Bunks How To from John Foster, i've done it on 2 of my boats and haven't had to replace them since!

Trep

I did the same thing, it works, its good detailed

Woody,

I have used a pressure washer to clean boat carpet, just keep it on a wide spray so you don't cut the carpet. Just be careful around the console area, you don't want to force water into the fuse box or guages.

As far as the pedestal problem goes, you can lift the front deck without cutting the carpet. I have an 03 PT175 and have pulled mine up. The screws are hidden by the carpet, once you find a couple you can figure out the pattern. There will be more screws than you think! The pedestal base is pretty strong, if it seems cracked I would guess that the wood deck is broken, not the base. That means you'll need to replace the deck itself. It can be done using the old one as a template. Try to find a good marine grade plywood. This will mean replacing the carpet because you probably won't be able to get the old carpet off the original deck. If the base itself is broken, you can get a new one at most Wal-Marts or at BPS.

While you've got the deck off, replace the trolling motor wiring. Use at least 6 guage wires, run it underneath so it is out of the way and keep it as short as possible.

Thank You !!! I will do the above mentioned bunk replacement.

Also, I put a mirror under the seat pedestal and the pedestal is cracked not the plywood. It looks as though it is scewed from the top UNDER the carpet...I guess I will have to cut the carpet to remove?

Also, I did powerwash the carpet...I will have to get a stain remover Oxiclean or something for the tougher ones. Most of it came out with the powerwasher.

You mentioned taking off the deck to rewire...Where does it go after it leaves the front deck? Does it go along the port or starboard side or under the floor.

I found out that I need alot of stuff...Is there a vendor that sells the replacement parts. IS THERE ANYWHERE I CAN FIND A PARTS LIST FOR VARIOUS ITEMS?

Thanks,

Woody

Wiring probably runs along the starboard side, before you pull the old wires attach a small line to them. You can use that to pull the new wiring.

You will have to cut the carpet to get the base up. If you're careful, you may be able to glue the carpet back. I would still pull the deck up, it will make it easier to do all the work.

Not sure of a parts list, someone else on the board here can probably help.

Latest posts

Back