2002 TRACKER JAMBOREE

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Gross

Reaction score
Tracker Jamboree is in Oct.and being new to the family I'm wondering if this is something worth attending? It sounds like a real good time.I know Oct. is a ways out there, but I'm just trying to be more like Rob and take the iniciative to plan ahead. Aleast thats what Marke told me I need to do.Any ways it sounds like the right thing to do ... So should I plan onit ??

Mark, never been to one hosted by Tracker. But would love to. They don't do ANYTHING small! Unfortunately, October is my busiest month for birds, and I am alreay booked solid. If you go, please post a report to let us know what you thought. At the very least, we can gain some insight for next years rally. Please keep in mind, our rallys are NOT Tracker/Nitro sanctioned events despite the fact that they do assist. I really want to go to one of there legends tourneys and get paired with someone like Johnny himself or Rick Clunn. Is it a pro/am format? Can you imagine the knowledge you would gain just sitting behind one of those people for 8 hours? Man, that would be the best! I can only hope that someday, I might be considered good enough to be one of the legends invited to participate. If Mac and Mini don't beat me to it!

LOL...Rob,...have a cup of coffee and a marlboro,..and relax...............Mini and I are FAAARRR from Legendary,....The ONLY time we're ever asked for autographs is when we're standing NEXT to Clunn, and the litttle kid who's doing the asking,...feels sorry for us!!!...ahahhahahaahh.....

Mac

Yeah, you go do toons for Goerge W, host a Mustad event with Fish Fishburne, hang out with Woo, and try to tell me you ain't no legend. Regularly published in Bassin' Times. Man, your 1 step from all of our dreams. I know the road has been long, and I've be on mine for 8 years now.....does it get any easier? First I've got to get that stupid boat working! LOL Just admiring your success Mac, so shut up and take the compliment, cause I'm gonna spank ya good see at the rally! LOL With all due respect that is Mr. future VP

Mac-

Have you met Fish Fishburne???

My kids used to LOVE watching his fishing show...the way he would "smell the bass' breath" to see what they were feeding on would slay me!!! LOL

He has got to be as crazy in person as he was on TV-right???

az

Mark - Like the other guys above i've never been to one, it would HAVE to be a vacation with the family due to a LONG day's drive to get there.

I read on the site the entry fee was $99 per family to attend and then Plus $200 to fish the tourney, that's a little rich for my blood especially since i've never fished a tourney at all! I'd be just paying to launch and get run over by all the faster Nitro/Tracker boats!

Might go one day for the fun of it. I'd rather spend that $300 going to 1-2 friendly rallys with you guys anyway!

First off Rob,..you're,..WRONG!!..The Mustad event was hosted by Hank Parker!!..LOL...now HE's Funny!!.....but you are right in that I am having a good time in the fishing industry,...it can only get better too,.....I haven't fishe Ray Scott's lake yet nor have I had a cocktail with John L......but it may happen one day,...I'll let you know!!

Andy,..i've met Fish before,....he is a riot too...extremely animated!! He could easily be a stand up comic!! I gota believe he and Hank together in a booth,..with a pitcher of beer,...wuld be the end of us ALL!!!...I know I couldn't take it!!....

BTW,..we gotta make that happen,...Neeley,..get Hank and Fish up here...we'll go to Hooter's!! LOL

Mac

My mistake, sorry Hank Parker. Still, you're rubbin' elbows with some awful big names. When I see your ugly mug on the wheaties box is when I give up! LOL

Rob,

I'm told by Mark Curry that Jimmy and Rick and Kevin are all going to be there at the draw on the 24th.Also at the banquet I,m not sure when that is.I just sent in my form and check . I'll post it when I recieve something.

I'm taking my son (19) were both looking foreward to it.My son works for a private hunting club he has more or less lived out there since he was 14 .He knows more about hunting and fishing then I ever new.So its a treat for me to be able to take him to meet some of the icons of the industry. I'll make a point to talk up the site.

Last Year it was called the Tracker/Nitro owners Tournament. This year they decided to change it to a Jmboree to make it easier for more people to attend. Last year we had 85 boats in the tournament all fishing for one 896 NITRO. They ended up throwing in a few extra gifts for 2nd through 6th place finishers. I know we placed fourth in that tournament on Table Rock. This year is a whole different format with money payed out based on the number of entries. There are two catagories, Fiberglass and Aluminum with a Tracker 175 being given to the first place team in each catagory plus a draw for a third one at the final weigh in. So this tournament will be much better than the one we attended last year. P.s. we spent half a night talking to Penny Berryman. She had the room next to ours at the motel. That in itself was worth the time and money spent to attend.

So last year was "Tournament" and this year is "Jamboree".... Just a coincidence or do we really have some influence on those guys at Tracker??? Jamboree sounds kind of like "Rally"....LOL

Mark G.,

When I said take initiative, I meant if you can't travel to this years "Rally" then maybe you would like to host next years in your area. I think Rob and Pierre have done a fantastic job with this one. It takes a lot of work and commitment to pull it all together. If your willing to do it then I'm willing to try and come out. I've never been to MN, where is that anyway? It's one of those ones in the middle right?...LOL

Marke

You don't want to be like me! My wife says the world is not ready! I am just happy an honored to be hosting the rally with Pierre for such a group of folks. It has been some work, but I haven't minded it at all. I am really looking forward to meeting everyone finally. After reading about the turnout for last years rally, I wanted to be sure to set a benchmark this year that would really invite everyone to attend. I think we have accomplished that. My work here is done! LOL Unfortunately Rich, the master behind this site, cannot be with us. Which I was really hoping he could to marvel at the group of people he has somehow managed to bring together and kept from killing one another in the winter months.

Back