2002 Rally & FLW

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
I heard last night that the FLW has rescheduled their championship for June on next year and still on Lake Champlain. I missed the dates and just checked the OperationBass website but didn't find it. I have a suspicion that it will fall on the same weekend as our Rally. This will make things very interesting to say the least. On that weekend, there will be 5 tourneys aside from our rally on Champlain, locals will be out in force, and guide services such as mine are in full bloom and fully booked. If the FLW comes too, we will have to certainly step up to strut our stuff. Make no mistakes, my full intentions and obligations are to the rally. Needless to say, it will be a great one, but if you plan on winning the tourney, you had better be ready to fish hard. Champlain is big, and one of the only fisheries that CAN handle that much pressure. But the community holes are going to get pounded, and typically takes 20lbs to win in June and 15lbs to get a check. Start workin your casting and hook setting arms folks. We're gonna have ourselves one humm dinger of a fish catchin', sore arm, boat screamin, food eating time! Who knows, maybe we'll get some free publicity with all the camera crews that will be around. You might even have to show up Kevin or Woo on the water in front of you. Picture the possibilities! This may complicate hotel accomodations though. So you can all camp on my lawn! LOL Any questions, drop me an e-mail.

Rob

Hey Rob, sounds great. Tom and I have been practicing drop shotting and it's working well on these "tough" Jersey bass. We're booked for a week in mid May so we'll have a week to practice. Watch out! Just want to catch those Champlain smallies and have some fun with all the good people from this site. Can't wait.

Just got my 2002 FLW schedule in the mail

yesterday....Lake Champlain Forest Wood

Open out of Mooney Bay Marina...Plattsburgh

19-22 June 2002

Latest posts

Back