2002 rally date is now official.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
OK. Here goes. Hope it suits most everyone. After long dliberation. Pierre and I have decided to host the 2002 rally on June 8th and 9th. It will cooridinated out of the Chazy River boat state boat launch. This is opening weekend on Lake Champlain, so there will likely be at least 5 other tourneys that weekend with the distinct possibility of 2 of them being at the same launch site. However, this will be a perfcect opportunity for Tracker/Nitro owners to show off their boats and fishing skills. I will be posting directions shortly. For anyone wishing to create on-line maps, the zip for Plattsburgh is 12901, not to be mistaken with Beverly Hills 90210! I am currently bargaining for discounted room rates at motels close to the launch site. The format will be, Saturday... a draw partners tournament. If you preregister with a partner, that is acceptable. Sunday, we will redraw, and all anglers will compete against one another. Both days will have a big bass award. Other misc awards will be granted as well. We will have a BBQ such as this past year's on Saturday evening and a time to get to know one another. I need everyones cooperation to get good rates. I will attempt to create a web page as was done this year to collect funds for trophies, food, and misc. I will be seeking local sponsors to help with these areas. I would like approximately $10 per person for the rally. All the entry fees for the tourneys will be paid back out for the first 5 places. I am thinking that Saturday will be $25 per boat, and Sunday $10 per person. Big bass will be $5 per boat on Saturday and $5 per person on Sunday. This are just pure guesstimates. Please let me know if any of you think they should be higher or lower. I will need help setting up the web site like we had this past year. Only for Rally expenses. Tourney fees will be collected at the rally. Also if you have anyone that is able to assist with weigh in or cooking, please let me or Pierre know. We will need a weigh station, if any of you club guys have one available. Most importantly, please notify me immediately if you intend to come, and how many with you. Will you have a boat and a partner, etc? I need numbers to tell the motels to get rates. If anyone thinks of other issues that need to be addressed, please speak up. Tourney rules will be pretty standard, and will be posted later. Please keep in mind, there will be some mild competition, mostly for bragging rights on the board. The goal is to get to know one another, have fun, and spread the joy of fishing.

Rob

Rob, I live about 30 minutes from Crown Point, and would be willing to help out in anyway that I can. Just let me know if there's anything that I can do to help out.

Rob, I'll be there with my TV-18 in tow. I won't bring a partner so their will be room for anyone who can't bring their boat due to travel distance.

Anyone but you Scott, I want big fish.......LOL Just kidding, you know your more than welcome too!!!

Marke

Rob,

Count me in (work permitting). Since I live across the lake from you, I will trailer my boat each day. I will probably not have a partner. My wife may be willing to help out with the BBQ - one of her specialities!!

Bob G.

How far away from central Wisconsin is Plattsburgh? Who knows maybe I'll make the tow. I'd like to meet you guys and have a few bottle bass(ie. porkchop in a bottle)LOL

I should be there with a partner. Sounds as if it will be no problem making it that weekend. I've got an Equalizer scale that will weigh to 21 pounds. That will be coming along with my partner and I also.

Latest posts

Back