2002 Nitro Nx 750 75hp

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garrett

Reaction score
New to this thread, so I purchased a 2002 nitro nx 750 75hp for 6k the other day and it is perfect no tears in carpet or seats only a small scratch on the bottom of the hull. Was garage kept in climate controlled building it’s entire life. My question is I can’t find any info on a nx 750 that has a 75hp on it? It’s rated for a 115 but it’s alittle slow out of the hole and gets up to 38mph. I’m not complaining as I am 20 and it is my first boat but is there anything I should be concerned about this year or something?

The first thing would be when was the last maintenance done on the motor and what was done. Also how long has it been since it had run before you purchased the rig.When you ran it what was the max RPM full trim. That will tell you a lot about the performance of the motor and check the water pressure also.

I have a Nitro 170TF. It had a 75 hp Mercury on it, it ran about 42-44 (GPS) at 5250 RPM. (I now have a 115 hp on it.)
You need a hydrofoil stabilizer on it to help plane out faster. Get one that bolts on, not a clamp on.
If one side lifts up when gaining speed, adjust the trim and it will level out.

I just bought a 2001 nx750 with a 125hp and 22p prop get out of the hole great loaded or not and on good day goes 51 mph. But had carbs redone, and fuel pump. Because it wouldn't get on plane initially.

Latest posts

Back