2002 Nitro Bay 1900

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Weekley

Reaction score
Just got a 2002 Nitro Bay 1900 with a 150HP Merc. Love the boat. The previous owner stopped using the back live well for it's intended purpose and made it storage. I want it put back. Is this a hard thing to do? Also, I am new to a boat of this quality and size. The bait wells supposedly fill from the outside of the boat. Is this true, and if so, how does the boat maintain aeration for your bait or catch?

Also the previous owner took out the oil tank and the oil pump and mixes his own gas/oil at 40 to 1. I was told it should be 34 to 1. Any knowledge in this area would be great. It smokes a good bit but he said he would rather have more oil than less but I would think you could get fouling of plugs. Any idea of the cost of re-installing the oil tank and pump?

Thanks guys for helping the newby. I will miss my 1993 1650 Wahoo striper. SHe served me well and was small enough to easliy trailer. I never had to repair anything on that boat in 14 years and the oil tank and pump in the 75 merc. worked fine the entire time.

I just had my 2009 150opt max in the shop and they said that the oil tank was bad. They want $200.00 for a three gallon tank. I don't know what the lines would have cost because they ended up fixing it under warranty.

Latest posts

Back