2000 Tracker Pro Deep V17- how many gallon fuel tank?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Stuetzer

Reaction score
I just bought a new 2000 Tracker pro deep v 17 and the folks at bass pro shop told me it had a 20 gallon tank. I ran out what I thought was the 6 gallons of break in oil/fuel mix they put in and filled the tank and it only took 13 gallons. Anybody know the specs for this boats fuel tank?

Thanks in advance

The tracker site states that the Pro Deep V-17 has a 27 gallon gas tank.

HTH,

Ron

Mike - Have a copy of the 2000 catalog right here (bought my boat in 2000 so now keep one each year in the file). The 2000 Pro Deep V-17 should come with a 18 gallon tank. Ron is right that the 2001 has a 27 gallon tank, but they completely redid the hull for 2001 and increased the beam from 80 to 86 inches.

So if they did put in 6 gallons when you got it, and you added 13 that would put you at 19 (if my math is right) so you're full to the BRIM!

Now GO FISH!!! TrepMan - just 96 hours till I leave for CANADA - Here Walleye, Walleye, Walleye

Ron and Trepman,

Thanks for the reply.

However, when they put the 6 gallons in it, it was with the break in oil.

That had put my gauge at 1/4 tank. I ran that til it was on empty,

(still running though).

That is when I filled it up and it only took the 13 gallons.

I suppose the gauge could be off,

Thanks again for the response and good luck on your Canada trip!

Mike

DOm't hesitate to put in some More Oil into the gas for the first 10 Hours. It will not hurt.

Spanky, for what it's worth it is always best to fill your gas tank after use. When you run on a warm humid day the gas you use is replaced by that air. In the evening the tank may cool to the dew point, the air condensses and water is formed on the inside walls of the tank. Over time a lot of water may be in the gas tank. BTW, never leaving tanks partially filled is common practice in avaition for the reason stated.

Russ

Hey Mike,

Welcome, glad you made it here!!!

The gas gauge is not the most accurat instrument in the world.....check it with the boat level and on the trailer, not in the water, that is about as accurate as you'll find it.

Latest posts

Back