2000 Mercury 40 oil injection

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Dupuy

Reaction score
Ok I need a little help here. I own a Tracker Pro 17 TX with a 40 horse mercury. I haven't licensed the boat for 5 years, but the last time I ran it, I added fuel stablizer to it. It has been in the garage for 5 years with the gas completely drained from the tank. So now it's licensed, plugs were pulled and new gas was added along with Mercurys QuickSilver fuel treatment. But here's the problem.

I guess that the system has turn to jelly in the unit, or please don't laugh, I don't know how to start it properly? I honestly bought the boat used form a local dealer, so I really didn't get any type of owners manual. Anyone know where I can download one at?:eek:

And back to the starting of the engine. Ok battery fully charged. Check. Fuel bulb attached and engine primed. Check. On the water engine in full bottom tilt. Check. Run stop switch on the throttle is switched to on. Check. Center button on throttle pushed in and throttle is pushed fully forward (or Downward). Check. Engine is now cranking over and here we go. ....Not. She will not start. Has it gummed up? I pulled the plugs and they look great.

Where do I start? Sorry suffering form that HUA disease (Head Up Ass)

Please any help would be great. Very mechanical so no problem there. Feel free to contact me, Robert at [email protected]

Check to see what is coming out of your fuel line. 5 years is a long time for the fuel to set in a tank (I assume the tank was vented), you may need to clean the inside of the fuel tank and replace the fuel lines.

Back