1999 Nx 882 parts...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Shelton

Reaction score
Anyone know where to purchase plastic insert on the bow of Nx 882? It's the area up front where the trim buttom and acc. light switch would be.

Man!!! I've just gone through the same thing with our 2005 Nitro700LX DC. We bought the boat used and my husband has a fishing trip planned with his brothers in April. I really wanted the boat to look great for him, so I've nearly made myself nuts trying to find the replacement hatch liners. We have one, but the didn't notice the other hatch liner was missing. Well, I've talked with Tracker marine, about 12 different dealers and even tried the salvage yards. Want to know where I found something that works? WALMART! They have these stackable storage bins that just fit the utility hatches right behind the driver and passenger seats. $8 apiece and they actually look like they could have come with the boat!

Sure wish I'd seen this post first, though. The boxes I found will work, but I'd rather have something made that looks more like OEM than a Walmart fix, no matter how well it fits. I know, I know.... a bit silly on my part, but I'd do anything to make sure my fishing buddy has everything as "put together" as possible. I think we're both going a bit boat crazy, looking at all the different things we could put on it. It's a bass boat first and foremost. If it floats and I'm happy sitting on the back fishing, I don't think having the "proper" OEM liner is really going to make me any happier, just with a little less $$$ for minnows!

Hey, BaitBar? Can you tell me what yours are made from? Just in case I can't help myself and have to find some nicer boxes?

Betty, he's not talking about the plastic tubs that go in your compartments. He is talking about a trim piece. Just a word of caution, don't load those wally world bins too full of gear or you will find out just how strong they aren't.:lol:

TOXIC

Yup.....know what you mean, but I'm about at the end of my options in finding the boxes. I've just emailed the fella' from the bait bar to see if he can make me a couple boxes. I've actually persuaded tracker marine to turn loose of the engineering plans for the hatch liners, so we should be able to have some made that fit. I actually had to get a little rude with the folks at Tracker. I really hate that, but at least I have a means of replacing the parts. I still have a couple feelers out at the salvage yards.... Most of my emails start with "Do you really like a challenge?" I know it wasn't the same part, but I gather that there is an industrywide problem with finding parts for relatively new tracker marine brands. I thought it'd be as easy as going to AutoZone to find a part for my car!

hey, Toxic,

Do you think if I had 2 made of diamondplate, like they use for storage on pickup trucks, that it would look okay? I think I've found someone who could put them together for me. Only con I can think of is that down here in MS, metal gets pretty hot during the summer and could melt our plastics.:eek:

My problem would be the weight of the bins and what they would do to the fiberglass lip of the hull where they rest.

TOXIC

Hmmmm.....Definitely might be a problem. They would be pretty heavy. Johnny brought home a thin, aluminum liner that would be good for weight, but rattles like crazy. Neither one of us is all that crazy about it. Anyways, tracker sent me the specs. on the part and I may end up taking them to a body shop and having them made of fiberglass. Should work for both weight and aesthetics. Not to mention a great birthday present for Johnny!:D:rolleyes::D:rolleyes::D

Latest posts

Back