1998 Nitro 800LXS Aerator pump replacement

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bauer1221

Reaction score
Im hoping someone on here has done this and can help. I need to replace the aerator pump. It's the original pump, I'm sure. My question is how does it come out? As you can see from picture I can't simply twist it off Flow valve unit. I am wondering if there are screws on the bottom that will allow me to take off top or do I have to twist the pump off the flow rite valve connection?

Thanks in advanced,
Boat.jpg

That looks like one of the older units that don't have the push tabs on the side to release the motor? If so, there will be 4 small screws that you must get to on the bottom side to seperate the motor. Looks to me like you will need to seperate all that from the through hull fitting....
It looks to me like the top, Red section, where the motor is distorted. Likely has overheated and seized up.

Larry, thank you so much. I figured there might be some screws on the bottom, just wanted to confirm with someone. Now to find a new pump with 90 degree angle to replace it with, which is proving difficult.

Take a look on the Walmart website. If you don't find one from WM they list many items from other folks. You order on the Walmart website and WM has it shipped to you. When I got my 1998 Tracker I was able to find a fair number of items on the WM website for things I needed/wanted to replace.

Latest posts

Back