1997 Nitro 700 lx

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blake Harness

Reaction score
Hello everyone. New to your forum. Figured someone here would be able to give me the information I am looking for. I recently saw a 1997 Nitro with a 115 Mercury on it. I stopped to check it out. The boat appears to be in very good condition. Carpet looks good, and there were no rips or tears in the seats. There are nearly 200 hours on the motor. I am looking for a good starter boat that will last a few years.

I fish a lot, but it is always out of the back of someone else's boat. I am a little concerned buying a boat from someone who is selling it out of their yard. Having them take me on a test run on Sunday. They are asking $6,000 for it now, but there is no way I will pay that. If I do decide to get it, will prob start the negotiations around $4,000.

Any suggestions on it's value. The amount of hours and the year are a little concerning to me. I will have the motor inspected by a serviceman prior to any offers. Just curious if any of you have owned one of these, what were your thoughts, and any thoughts on value. Also, any other suggestions as far as used boat buying would be appreciated. Thanks

I own a 2005 700lx with a90 h.p. mercury and it has been a good boat so far . if the boat your looking at is in good shape as you say and the motor checks out after having a qualified person look at it I would say thats not a bad deal.Its definetly a good starter boat and at $4000 it would be a steal

I recently purchased a new to me 1996 Nitro 185 SF its the sport fishing unit with a Mercury 115 on it. I have had it out on the water numerous times caught 9 Walleye last night. The only issue I have had (found out today) was the reverse and forward cables need to be replaced. Anyways, I paid $3,800 and in all honesty I stole it!

Latest posts

Back