1997 Nitro 185 Fs Controls

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Reaction score
Hello guys and gals,

I just recently purchased a 1997 Nitro 185 FS and all the button functions were wore of. I have searched online as much as I could to find a diagram of what buttons control what but no luck. Does anyone have that info handy? Also, the livewell on the front (bow I think) seems to be very week, has anyone ever upgraded to make it better? If so, what parts were used to do so? This is my first boat so I am kind of new to terms and stuff so I apologize now. Thank you

Chris, I saw your post a few days ago and started to reply. However, I wanted to get pictures first of my control panel (haven't yet) but will add them real soon. The reason I didn't so far is because I have a 2001 Nitro 175 Sport F&S, and it may be different from yours'? But, since no-one else has responded maybe I can help? I assume you're talking about the dash controls? There are also other functions on the throttle control so, I'll send pics of that too. Probably later today.
Forward live wells ( I don't have a forward), make a long run from transom which requires excellent draft ability. Several things could be a culprit here. Easiest check is to make sure no debris is in hose or pump. Then check the GPH of the pump; if it's a 500, upgrade to 800. Also could be an impeller (in the pump) gone bad. Either way, it's cheap and easy to replace the pump which is a DIY task.....back with pics soon!

OK Chris, here's the pics. These may or may not be what you need?
left side control: Power - Lights (lights 3 positions)
right side control: Live well - Bilge, live well (2 positions Man. -Auto)
throttle control : throttle, trim tilt, fast idle button and kill engine lanyard
below that is a live well Auto - empty.
I'm hopeful yours' is like this?

Attachments

• left side controls.JPG
    left side controls.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 501
  • right side controls.JPG
    right side controls.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 441
  • throttle controls.JPG
    throttle controls.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 432
Thank you firedog978 but mine are a little different. Left to the steering wheel I have 3 switches and on the right side I have 2 switches. I get back home in June and may have to play with it some more to figure things out. This is my first boat and I work overseas so when I was home last the weather only permitted me one day to take it out. I played with the buttons but really couldn't figure out much.

Ok Chris, I know it will be awhile before you can check again but, I want to have some things on here for you to refer to when you do.
1. Make sure you have a good, well charged battery. 2. Turn on the power switch with key to 'ON' before checking switches and functions. 3. Pumps should be audible when they turn on. 4. Don't assume the pump is bad: it may be wiring or connections. (That goes for all pumps, dash gauges, lights and other functions).
Best of luck.

Per firedog978, moisture and loose connections are your worst enemy. You will not find a wiring diagram but tracker does have a generic wiring color code table. One of your best friends is a amp/ohms/volt meter and a jumper wire to check for broken wires.

Thank you guys. Im sure I will figure it out once I get home and take it out. I took it out once in March and was only out for an hour due to weather but I did hear the pumps but not sure other controls.

Latest posts

Back