1995 Tracker Marine Trailstar trailer with VIN sticker faded away

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chugaaa !!!

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I need the VIN from the trailer....is there a way to find out the trailer VIN when the sticker is just washed?...I have looked in all the usual places on the trailer and nothing to be found...I registered my boat (Nitro 170 TF RC Edition) with no issues but I couldn't do the trailer, I even brought the local police for an inspection and they told me that it should be a number some place else on the trailer. Also tried to reach Tracker trailers and they didn't offered any solution. Any help would be great..thanks in advance. RG.

Attachments

• FC7A54FF-FE1E-46FD-8D5B-50FE55EBE7FD.jpeg
    FC7A54FF-FE1E-46FD-8D5B-50FE55EBE7FD.jpeg
    799.4 KB · Views: 0
What state are you in? Indiana requires separate title for boat and trailer and the VIN would be on the title. Does the previous owner have any old paperwork?

Hi T, I am in Georgia where you don't need a title for your trailer, Bill Of Sale will do it and I have it, and that was what the previous owner had too before selling it to me. The thing is that in order to register the trailer (tag it) I need the VIN number on the BOS and also stamped on the trailer for verification, I don't have neither. I am trying to see if someone who had this problem before can tell me where in the trailer is the 2nd. VIN stamped other than the manufactured sticker at the tongue (Completely faded). Thanks for replying though.

Hi everyone, I need the VIN from the trailer....is there a way to find out the trailer VIN when the sticker is just washed?...I have looked in all the usual places on the trailer and nothing to be found...I registered my boat (Nitro 170 TF RC Edition) with no issues but I couldn't do the trailer, I even brought the local police for an inspection and they told me that it should be a number some place else on the trailer. Also tried to reach Tracker trailers and they didn't offered any solution. Any help would be great..thanks in advance. RG.
If you have the previous owners name, address, DOB, whatever, I would guess the State where it was last registered should have the VIN information by owner name.

Hi T, I am in Georgia where you don't need a title for your trailer, Bill Of Sale will do it and I have it, and that was what the previous owner had too before selling it to me. The thing is that in order to register the trailer (tag it) I need the VIN number on the BOS and also stamped on the trailer for verification, I don't have neither. I am trying to see if someone who had this problem before can tell me where in the trailer is the 2nd. VIN stamped other than the manufactured sticker at the tongue (Completely faded). Thanks for replying though.
if I understand your BoS did NOT have the triler VIN Listed?
Possibly, Innerside of a forward facing cross member.
A video with other suggestions of where to look.

Call your county tag office. You may have to get "homemade trailer" vin .

If all else fails, register it as a homemade trailer and use a scribe and put yoir own vin on it.... if it isnt titled i dont see why it would matter.

Here is a link of others in Georgia that have had this same issue: What does LEO inspect on a trailer with no VIN?. It appears that a Sheriff can provide documentation to allow a VIN to be assigned and will provide you with a permanent VIN plate to affix to your trailer with rivets.

Latest posts

Back