1995 Mercury Tracker Pro 115hp

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Ferris

Reaction score
I have a small running leak coming from the bolt that I've highlighted red. Head Gasket?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210523-185311_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210523-185311_Samsung Internet.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 34
I failed to explain it well. The water is coming from behind the plate the bolt are holding on. It's just below the bolt coming from behind the plate.

Hey Rick, that plate has 3 parts to it, that is your exhaust plate and baffle. Water runs thru it to cool your exhaust. You will have to remove it to repair it. sounds like a gasket is blown. If you don't there is a possibility that the engine could get water in one of the cylinders and you don't want that.

Thanks So Much!!! I ordered the gasket. Any idea on Torque Specs and Bolt Pattern Tightening anyone?

Rick, hope you got both gaskets, and i would tighten from the center out but not all at once just a little at a time and use a good sealer not silicone and put a little sealer on every bolt.

Uh Oh, I only ordered #23???

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210524-094126_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210524-094126_Samsung Internet.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 25
Rick, what you ordered was a head cover gasket not a exhaust cover gasket. and the torque on the bolts are 112 inch pounds or just tight not tightie tight

Well that was a waste of $20 lol
Well Kudos to Crowley Marine, they canceled my order without a hitch. Nobody so far has the gaskets I need in stock!

Well, I need 8127754 & 8127755 Gaskets but it says No Longer Available...looks like there may be a cross reference from a 1989 Sea Ray..maybe I better go order it at a marina if possible before I throw money away. 😉

Got the correct gaskets ordered. Wondering what actual (Brand Name & Type) of any gasket sealer is recommended. It is exhaust so I was wondering what I should use?

Permatex makes it, it's called aviation cement or Indian head cement if you get these use it on the bolts when you install the gaskets that will help seal the exhaust from the water.

Latest posts

Back