1994 Nitro 170 Rick Clun

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just bought this boat last month took to my marine mechanic to check over engine 90 merc . 1500.00 later 🤦‍♂️Should be in the water next week. Anything else I need to check ?? 0CD14686-271C-4E40-A3F2-18FAEAD31A37.jpeg

Attachments

• C01377DB-8AEC-48E3-AD8C-20717696289E.jpeg
    C01377DB-8AEC-48E3-AD8C-20717696289E.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
I am looking to buy one just like yours. Unfortunately, it is 3.5 hours from me. You wouldn't happen to know the overall length of the full rig; tip of tongue to rear of motor fully trimmed down? I have limited depth in my garage.
Thanks

Asking price is $5,500.00. Appears to be in above average condition, garage kept. If it fits in my garage I am thinking I might get it for $4,800 +/-.

I bought mine from a friend he was asking 4000 it’s a 8 out of 10 sold it to me for 2000 .It ran when I purchased it now in the shop wouldn’t start … new stator, new control box , new impeller. 1500.00 +- hopefully get it back this week . I will measure it for you when I get it back.

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new boat, excited for it to be in the water.

Congrats on the new boat. I just got mine recently also. I would check your battery voltage plugged in and unplugged. Check your wheel bearings and add new grease if needed. Add grease to your motor trim. Check your winch strap. Check your bunks after you load it into the water.... Today I replaced my winch, trailer roller and installed a back up safety chain.

I am looking to buy one just like yours. Unfortunately, it is 3.5 hours from me. You wouldn't happen to know the overall length of the full rig; tip of tongue to rear of motor fully trimmed down? I have limited depth in my garage.
Thanks
Length of trailer and boat 21’ give or take a couple inches

Length of trailer and boat 21’ give or take a couple inches
Thanks, you did save me a trip but it sold anyway. 21' even minus a couple of inches wouldn't work, unless it had fold away tongue or I could convert the tongue.
I found a 160 but it is even further away. I have asked them if they would measure for me but no reply. I guess unless a 160 comes comes up close I will be looking at something else.

Thanks, you did save me a trip but it sold anyway. 21' even minus a couple of inches wouldn't work, unless it had fold away tongue or I could convert the tongue.
I found a 160 but it is even further away. I have asked them if they would measure for me but no reply. I guess unless a 160 comes comes up close I will be looking at something else.
I have a 160, give me a few and I’ll go out and measure for you

Hmm I measured my 160 tf with the nitro trailer and it also is 21’ give or take a few inches

My 190 was about 27’ and would only fit in my 24 x 24 garage at an angle. But there wasn't enough room for my wife's truck. I told her I would cut a hole in the wall and let the trailer tongue go under the bathroom vanity, if she really wanted her truck in the garage during the winter. Long story short: her truck stayed outside. One doesn't realize how cold winter can be until you spend most of it in the garage practicing ice fishing.

Just bought this boat last month took to my marine mechanic to check over engine 90 merc . 1500.00 later 🤦‍♂️Should be in the water next week. Anything else I need to check ??View attachment 2562
Nice boat. I just bought a 1994 Nitro 170dc as well last week for 7k. I changed out the gear oil, lubed all the fittings on the engine. Put new plugs in. I just took it out yesterday for a shakedown. Motor ran great. I have to replace all the hardware on the Bimini top. One piece was cracked and I am sure the others will fail. I think I will go with the metal ones instead of plastic. The trolling motor is stuck on high speed and won't shutoff, had to pull the connector to get it to shutoff. More than likely the controller board is bad. I will just replace the motor with a new one thinking of the Minna kota ultrex. The stand pipe in the livewell doesn't stay in, so my livewell filled up. I bought a whale tail for the engine so it will get on plane faster and stay on plane at lower speeds. Other than a few problems it ran like a champ.

Attachments

• 20220926_164910.jpg
    20220926_164910.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220929_080617.jpg
    20220929_080617.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back