1990 Nitro 165

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1990 Nitro Tracker

Reaction score
Hey there! New guy here looking for a little assistance. Trying to pull a steering wheel hub from the column with a puller it's not happening. Don't want to break the white metal hub. Any suggestions? Is there a digital instruction manual someone could sent me with the schematics diagram? Or a new hub that is available. Kindly help. Anthony

Methods I have used before:
1) Use a brass hammer to hit the shaft while pulling up on the wheel. 2) Have someone pull up on the wheel while you hold a piece of aluminum over the shaft and hit it with a hammer (dead blow works best). 3) Run the nut down until flush with top of shaft. Tape a large washer over the nut. Pull up on the wheel and hit the washer with a hammer. The washer helps protect the threads on the shaft and washer.

cceguy thanks for the response!!! Glad to hear I didn't miss something like a set screw or a key I thought I might have overlooked. Will get busy Thanks Anthony

Latest posts

Back