175 Pro XS Idle speed

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cub48

Reaction score
I have a 2016 Mercury 175 Pro XS it idles at 800 rpm in gear and out of gear, is this normal idle speed, can it be adjusted or is it computer controlled. It also clunks when i put it in gear more than i like just wanting to know if this is normal or not. Cub48

Cub 48, I have a 2021 Pro and it idles in the 800’s as well. Does not seem like any excessive clunk when put in gear

I have a 2016 Mercury 175 Pro XS it idles at 800 rpm in gear and out of gear, is this normal idle speed, can it be adjusted or is it computer controlled. It also clunks when i put it in gear more than i like just wanting to know if this is normal or not. Cub48
Have a 2021 Mercury 150 and am getting the same clunk when putting it into gear. Asked if the idle speed could be lowered and was told no. 800 rpm’s.

outcast might have the silicone bushing to minimize that clunking when shifting into gear.

You might consider changing lower unit oil and check for water or fragments of steel.

Latest posts

Back