09 Mercury 150 Efi Fuel Pump Stays On.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christian

Reaction score
Hello all.
Twice now I have found that the internal fuel pump for my 08 mercury 150 EFI runs with the key out and motor off.

I walk past it and hear the humming of the rfi pump. I'm thinking that there might be a relay that is sticking on.

If anyone has seen this or had this happen before please let me know.

Thanks ahead of time.

Chris

What turns on the EFI pump in the VST(vapor separator tank) tank is the PCM (propulsion control module) which is part of your fuel management system. Try to disconnect the battery wait about 5 min and reconnect see what happens, if the same thing follow the wire on top of the VST tank and see if it goes into the PCM if so tap the PCM with plastic hammer see if that works.

What turns on the EFI pump in the VST(vapor separator tank) tank is the PCM (propulsion control module) which is part of your fuel management system. Try to disconnect the battery wait about 5 min and reconnect see what happens, if the same thing follow the wire on top of the VST tank and see if it goes into the PCM if so tap the PCM with plastic hammer see if that works.

Update...
I found it with the fuel pump running again last week.
I removed the cawl and carefully with one fingertip lightly moved the wire harness around the engine.
I found a spot on the starboard side of the engine that while I pressed it in the pump turned off. When I released pressure it cam back on.

The harness had two very small abrasions on it that grounded out.

I fixed abrasions and reduced the harness.
Problem solved.

Latest posts

Back