04 Avalanche

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayne gill

Reaction score
I brought a 04 avalanche with a trail star trailer.need to repair the disk brakes. like to know the manufactory that tracker use. also need to replace the bench seat. what bucket seat would work?

Wayne,

Check with Tie Down Engineering (www.tiedown.com). I have an ('04) Avalanche w/ the trailstar trailer also & replaced the hub/disks with the oil bath hub/disks from them in ('05) (wasn't having any problems w/ them, only because I wanted the oil bath hubs instead of greased).

Not sure, but sounds like you may not have gotten the owners manual w/ it. Thou it doesn't give the manufactures name for the brake components (you may be able to get that off them themselves), it does have specs in it for them & the bearings. It does however, give the name for the greases seals. These should help you match up replacement parts. It doesn't give the axle diameters & I don't remember them being that was (12) yrs. ago, but you should be able to give the bearing #s if you need to replace the hub/disks so they can match them up for the proper axle diameters. Since it was only a yr. old when I changed out the hub/disks I still used the factory calipers, those are the pads that fit them. You maybe able to get OEM style hub/disks w/ greased hub from Tie Down. Hopefully this will help you out some.

Sorry can't help you out on your seat question.

From my owners manual:

Brake Disk - (10")

Bearings
Inner - L68149
Outer - L44649

Grease Seal
NOK: AD2527E
Chicago Rawhide: 16657 (manual has Chicago "Rawlings", believe it should be "Rawhide", that's what comes up online)

Brake Pads
1991 Plymouth Acclaim
1991 Plymouth Sundance
1991 Dodge Daytona
1991 Dodge Spirit

Wayne,

Check with Tie Down Engineering (www.tiedown.com). I have an ('04) Avalanche w/ the trailstar trailer also & replaced the hub/disks with the oil bath hub/disks from them in ('05) (wasn't having any problems w/ them, only because I wanted the oil bath hubs instead of greased).

Not sure, but sounds like you may not have gotten the owners manual w/ it. Thou it doesn't give the manufactures name for the brake components (you may be able to get that off them themselves), it does have specs in it for them & the bearings. It does however, give the name for the greases seals. These should help you match up replacement parts. It doesn't give the axle diameters & I don't remember them being that was (12) yrs. ago, but you should be able to give the bearing #s if you need to replace the hub/disks so they can match them up for the proper axle diameters. Since it was only a yr. old when I changed out the hub/disks I still used the factory calipers, those are the pads that fit them. You maybe able to get OEM style hub/disks w/ greased hub from Tie Down. Hopefully this will help you out some.

Sorry can't help you out on your seat question.

From my owners manual:

Brake Disk - (10")

Bearings
Inner - L68149
Outer - L44649

Grease Seal
NOK: AD2527E
Chicago Rawhide: 16657 (manual has Chicago "Rawlings", believe it should be "Rawhide", that's what comes up online)

Brake Pads
1991 Plymouth Acclaim
1991 Plymouth Sundance
1991 Dodge Daytona
1991 Dodge Spirit
PAUL WOLF,
THANKS FOR THE INFO. NO OWNER MANUAL HE MOVED AND WAS UNABLE TO FINE IT. AGAIN THANK YOU. WAYNE

Latest posts

Back