‘05 mercury 90hp water pump

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Avery

Reaction score
Two or three months ago I was fishing a tournament and right at blast off I noticed my motor wasn’t pissing like it’s suppose to. Had the water pump replace a week later. This past weekend I was on Guntersville and it did the same thing expect this time there was still water trickling down the motor just barely not a steady stream like it’s supposed to be and when it set for a while (long enough for water to empty the hose) and fires up again it would make noises like pushing air through the hose. I checked the intake on the motor itself and you can see straight through both side. I’m wondering if grass got sucked up in the hose and if that’s not a possibility, then why am I go through water pumps so often. Any help and advice would be great

maybe the second pump didn't get installed correctly. I prebend the arms and put a light coating of grease in the chamber.

If you have gone through a lot of sand or mud can flush the head to see if there is water comming out the jet when forced up there with a garden hose. Also push a rod in the "Pee" hole to see if there is debris that is plugging it. maybe the main cooling is Ok and its just the pee hole that is clogged.

Avery,
If you have a early 90 with the plastic water pump housing there is a big thick o ring that goes on top of it. With out that the water pump gets exhaust pressure and pushes water from coming in the housing. If you got the serial # I can tell which housing you have.

It
maybe the second pump didn't get installed correctly. I prebend the arms and put a light coating of grease in the chamber.

If you have gone through a lot of sand or mud can flush the head to see if there is water comming out the jet when forced up there with a garden hose. Also push a rod in the "Pee" hole to see if there is debris that is plugging it. maybe the main cooling is Ok and its just the pee hole that is clogged.
it was the pee hole that was clogged. About a day or two after I made this post I took the hose off and ran a wire hanger through it. Didn’t have much gunk in it, but it was apparently enough to keep it from doing right. Thanks for the help guys!

Latest posts

Back